Peace In A Tin Can

Peace In A Tin Can

Friday, June 14, 2013

Art in Nature

God was the first artist.  He painted our landscapes with brilliant color which can never quite be captured in another artist's paint or a photographer's camera.  He gave us sculptures and clay and minerals, and He gave us natural art that is so stunning, so breathtaking, that the only way to truly enjoy it is to immerse our souls completely in nature.

But God also has a sense of humor, and in my travels I often find things in nature that imitate life.  Have you ever seen a cloud formation that looks like a rabbit running through the sky?   Or a rock that looks like a heart?  I have, and many other things as well.

Many of the cosmically comedic examples I find are in trees.  Like the baboon that perpetually ran away from my campsite…



And the almost submerged cow lurking on the beach…






You can decide for yourself what I saw in this tree stump…



Then there is my absolute favorite: God's inspiration for medieval weapons…




I don't know if God intended for these things to be odd, or humorous, or if we interpret His art to satisfy our own sense of humor.  Maybe I'm just a little weird in seeing things that aren't really there.  Whatever the case, I take great delight in my hikes through nature, finding things that are funny, or macabre, or unbelievable, and keeping a photo journal of my artful discoveries.  The best artwork from God, though, is the scenery that takes my breath away, fills me up, and leaves me in awe and wonder.  This is why I go outside…






To Look at the Colors…








Listen to the Waves.


Feel the Breeze…



Hear the Music.





Taste the Splendor



Be Still.



























Everywhere I look, there is beauty around me.
It makes me smile, sometimes laugh, and always be inspired.




No comments:

Post a Comment